Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Career Services

My past two days at career services cleared a lot of questions that I had. It literally spelled out all I could get out my major such as: average income, what I need to major,and job opportunities with that major. I learned about the S.T.E.P Model that will determine where I will go into college based on what's best for me as an individual. All together it gave us the tools, connections, websites, and tests to effectively choose what field that we should enter. Career services is the building to go to when you are trying to get a job straight out of high school. Also, for internships while in college. My top interests according to the test were: Office Management, Visual Arts & Design, Sales, Management, Enterprising, and Marketing & Advertising.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you enjoyed your visit to Career Services and that it was helpful for you. Remember to visit them whenever you have questions about your career and your interests. The student who will be a part of the panel on Friday (June 25) should be able to answer some questions you have about Marketing. I was also a Marketing major in college. If you decide to choose that as a major, let me know!

    Ms. Chutney :-)

    ReplyDelete